oneNav is powering high-performance positioning for location-dependent mobile services. Based in Silicon Valley, oneNav is developing a next-generation, pureL5TM mobile GNSS receiver for smartphones, wearables, and IOT devices.
We are looking for a Part-Time Hardware Lab Technician to help support R&D, prototyping, board rework, and small batch production of oneNav’s breakthrough pureL5TM GNSS receiver prototype systems. We deliver portable prototype systems for oneNav Field Testing and Customer evaluations around the world. You’ll face exciting challenges and deliver high impact working in a small team of highly experienced RF, Digital HW, Software QA, and Customer Deployment and Field Test teams.
- Execute standardized board-level hardware system assembly and PCB rework based on documented procedures and industry practices
- Support R&D engineering teams working on next-generation GNSS receivers
- Contribute to the efficient operations of the lab by managing work areas with 5S methods
- Manage materials (e.g., RF and digital cables, components, equipment in working order) to assure continuous RF, Digital and System Integration operation
- Train other Lab and Engineering personnel as needed in Lab operations and equipment
- At least Associates Degree
- 3+ years of RF or Digital Hardware R&D Lab Technician experience
- Write test code in Python, VBA, C# etc
- Hands-on high-quality work with cabling, soldering, and post-assembly Board mods, etc.
- Solid experience with lab equipment, including soldering and PCB rework stations, oscilloscopes, function generators, and power supplies, for basic Board-level qualification
- Good analytical ability and problem-solving skills and Customer-orientation
- Ability to think independently while also being a solid team player.
- Experience with overall lab operations in an environment of 10-15 development work bays
- Board-level assembly experience in RF/microwave and/or high-speed mixed signal silicon
- R&D or prototype development of PCBs for high-volume mobile wireless, wearables, and IoT applications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
About the Team:
oneNav’s team comprises top GNSS experts from Qualcomm, Apple, Intel, SnapTrack, SiRF and Trimble, with decades of GNSS and mobile industry experience. Our team has extensive experience in GNSS system architecture, multipath, signal processing, ASIC design and AI/machine learning, and has collectively filed over 200 career GNSS patents. We are backed by Norwest Ventures, GSR Ventures and Google Ventures. You can find more information at www.onenav.ai.