oneNav is powering high-performance positioning for location-dependent mobile services. Based in Silicon Valley, oneNav is developing a next generation, pureL5TM mobile GNSS receiver for smartphones, wearables and IoT devices.
We are looking for a Director of RF System Engineer to help architect and to define the radio and mixed-signal components of oneNav’s breakthrough pureL5TM GNSS receiver. We need to deliver a state of the art CMOS radio in sub-16nm process nodes. As a key member of our RF systems team, you’ll have autonomy and impact. You’ll face exciting RF system and signal processing challenges working in a very small team while being close to both the system simulator and the lab. This role will build out as we will be engaging with RF front-end component and silicon partners and customers having diverse requirements.
- Develop detailed end-to-end analog and mixed-signal models reflecting measured performance.
- Evaluate in the lab and model hardware impairments (nonlinearity, thermal/phase noise, jitter, distortion etc.)
- Define block and component level performance for PLLs, ADCs, Mixers, LNAs, Filters etc.
- Interface with customers and support modeling customizations to analyze specific needs.
- Help to develop PCBs showcasing oneNav’s technology and test silicon.
- M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of RF system architecture definition and development.
- Proficient in Matlab and Python.
- Good analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think independently while also being a solid team player.
- Solid experience in high-volume wireless SoC architecture definition.
- Working experience with RF lab equipment such as vector signal generators and analyzers, network analyzers etc.
- Board-level characterization experience in RF/microwave and/or high-speed mixed signal silicon.
- Development of PCBs for high-volume wireless applications.
- The position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
About the Team:
oneNav’s team comprises top GNSS experts from Qualcomm, Apple, Intel, SnapTrack, SiRF and Trimble, with decades of GNSS and mobile industry experience. Our team has extensive experience in GNSS system architecture, multipath, signal processing, ASIC design and AI/machine learning, and has collectively filed over 200 career GNSS patents. We are backed by Norwest Ventures, GSR Ventures and Google Ventures. You can find more information at www.onenav.ai.