oneNav, based in Silicon Valley, is developing a next-generation, pureL5TM mobile GNSS receiver for location-based services for consumer mobile devices such as smartphones and wearables devices.
We seek a highly motivated engineer to support senior staff who lead field evaluations, trials, demos, performance analysis, and customer technical support for oneNav’s innovative pureL5TM GNSS technology, working with testers, developers, the sales and marketing team, customers, and potential customers worldwide. The successful candidate will: contribute to field test campaigns, customer demonstrations, and trials; contribute to test documentation; assist with in-lab preparations, checkout, and staging of hardware and software systems to support field exercises; work with oneNav leads to support customers; analyze data; generate data analysis tooling; author test reports; and present findings to customers and senior oneNav leaders. The ideal candidate has experience working remotely and in the native language supporting China-based smartphone and wearable OEMs and major SOC vendors.
- Support field testing exercises, including in-lab preparation, system integration, and functional validation stages in support of customer demonstration and trials, and customer technical training in the US and around the world, working with customers, potential customers.
- Contribute to the planning and mainly focus on execution of test campaigns, demonstrations, and trials.
- Contribute to the generation of data analytics software and perform deep-dive analysis into internal logs to characterize performance and understand and identify root causes of hardware, software, or system issues. Generate key performance indicators and performance visualizations.
- Generate test and performance reports, and present findings to customers and oneNav personnel.
- Contribute to the maintenance of customer relationships at the technical level, supporting marketing and sales efforts.
- Contribute to competitive analysis testing and assessment exercises.
- Work with position ground truth systems needed for oneNav and competitive evaluation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years experience participating in location technology and GNSS field testing campaigns, demos, and trials, and creating location technology performance metrics and performance visualizations.
- Minimum 2 years generating location technology data analysis and visualization tooling in Python, SQL, and GIS environments.
- Familiarity with and experience with Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), including Beidou, GPS, and Galileo.
- Knowledge and experience supporting China-based Customers locally or remotely a plus.
- Strong log analysis and debugging skills to resolve hardware, software, and system issues.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in location technology test plan and test case creation and execution.
- Solid customer interaction and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage relationships across functional areas. Existing
relationships with wireless OEMs, operators, network infrastructure providers, and location technology test vendors a plus.
- Experience in location ground truth determination methodology and tools.
- Understanding of wireless and cellular communications fundamentals.
- Ability to work independently with strong multitasking skills.
- Experience with GNSS signal simulators, RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and other test equipment a plus.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel within the US and worldwide.
About the Team:
oneNav’s team comprises top GNSS experts from Qualcomm, Apple, Intel, SnapTrack, SiRF and Trimble, with decades of GNSS and mobile industry experience. Our team has extensive experience in GNSS system architecture, multipath, signal processing, ASIC design and AI/machine learning, and has collectively filed over 200 career GNSS patents. We are backed by Norwest Ventures, GSR Ventures and Google Ventures. You can find more information at www.onenav.ai.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance