oneNav, based in Silicon Valley, is developing a next-generation, pureL5 mobile GNSS receiver for location-based services for consumer mobile devices such as smartphones and wearables devices.
We seek a highly motivated engineer to support senior staff who lead field evaluations, trials, demos, performance analysis, and customer technical support for oneNav’s innovative pureL5 GNSS technology. Your role primarily will entail the field data gathering aspects of GNSS receiver testing and competitive GNSS receiver performance evaluation. Field data operations will leverage vehicle-based and pedestrian-type scenarios. The primary focus of operations will be in the San Francisco Bay Area with a particular emphasis on deep urban canyon environments.
- Support field testing campaigns, including in-lab preparation, system integration, and functional validation stages before large-scale field activity
- Experienced in execution of field data gathering in vehicle-based test campaigns either in the role of vehicle driver or in the role of equipment operator
- Experienced in execution of field data gathering in pedestrian-based test campaigns which may involve wearing a ground-truth system in a backpack configuration and/or propelling a repurposed “stroller” that hosts the GNSS receivers under test
- Experienced in the archiving of field data to support automated quality assurance and initial data analytics
- Generate test and performance reports, and present findings to customers and oneNav personnel.
- Contribute to competitive analysis testing and assessment exercises.
- Work with position ground truth systems needed for oneNav and competitive evaluation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 2 years experience participating in location technology and GNSS field testing campaigns, demos, and trials, and creating location technology performance metrics and performance visualizations
- Minimum 2 years generating location technology data analysis and visualization tooling in Python, SQL, and GIS environments.
- Familiarity with and experience with Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), including Beidou, GPS, and Galileo.
- Strong log analysis and debugging skills to resolve hardware, software, and system issues.
- Experience in location ground truth determination methodology and tools.
- Understanding of wireless and cellular communications fundamentals.
- Ability to work independently with strong multitasking skills.
- Experience with GNSS signal simulators, RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and other test equipment a plus.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel within the US and worldwide.
- Amazing Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Life insurance
- Twenty dollars a day for lunch when working onsite
- Commuter benefits
- Pet Insurance
About the Team
oneNav’s team comprises top GNSS experts from Qualcomm, Apple, Intel, SnapTrack, SiRF and Trimble, with decades of GNSS and mobile industry experience. Our team has extensive experience in GNSS system architecture, multipath, signal processing, ASIC design and AI/machine learning, and has collectively filed over 200 career GNSS patents. We are backed by Norwest Ventures, GSR Ventures and Google Ventures. You can find more information at www.onenav.ai.