oneNav is powering high performance positioning for location dependent mobile services. Based in Silicon Valley, oneNav is developing a next generation, pureL5 mobile GNSS receiver for smartphones, wearables and IoT devices.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Implementation Engineer with in-depth knowledge of RTL (Register Transfer Level) design and expertise in assembly language programming. As an integral member of our dynamic engineering team, you will play a crucial role in the development and optimization of complex digital hardware systems and embedded software solutions.
- RTL Design and Verification: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop RTL code for cutting-edge digital hardware designs. Participate in verification activities to ensure the correctness and functionality of the RTL implementations.
- ASIC/FPGA Synthesis and Place-and-Route: Conduct ASIC and FPGA synthesis to transform RTL descriptions into hardware logic. Work closely with the physical design team to execute place-and-route activities and meet timing and area constraints.
- Performance Optimization: Identify potential bottlenecks and optimize the RTL code to improve overall performance and power efficiency.
- Assembly Language Programming: Utilize your expertise in assembly language to develop low-level software components for embedded systems and perform hardware-software co-design.
- Integration and Testing: Integrate hardware and software components and conduct thorough testing to validate the functionality of the implemented systems.
- Debugging and Troubleshooting: Investigate and resolve hardware and software-related issues at the RTL and assembly level to ensure the reliability and robustness of the final products.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive design and implementation documentation, including specifications, test plans, and reports.
- Stay Current with Industry Trends: Continuously research and remain up-to-date with the latest advancements in RTL design methodologies, FPGA/ASIC technologies, and assembly language programming techniques.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in RTL development and standard verification flows using Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Experience with Matlab, GIT version control, Linux, Python, C, Synopsys Design Compiler, ARM AHB protocol
- Proven experience in RTL design, verification, and implementation for complex digital systems.
- Strong proficiency in VHDL or Verilog for RTL design.
- Extensive knowledge of FPGA/ASIC synthesis and place-and-route tools.
- Proficiency in assembly languages such as ARM, MIPS, or x86.
- Experience in low-level software development for embedded systems.
- Familiarity with hardware/software co-design concepts.
- Solid understanding of digital design principles, computer architecture, and microprocessor fundamentals.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and team collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- 10+ years of experience preferred in implementation for high-volume SoC, preferably in signal processing consumer product.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- In-depth work experience with VCS and synthesis.
- Amazing Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Life insurance
- Twenty dollars a day for lunch when working onsite
- Commuter benefits
- Pet Insurance
About the Team
oneNav’s team comprises top GNSS experts from Qualcomm, Apple, Intel, SnapTrack, SiRF and Trimble, with decades of GNSS and mobile industry experience. Our team has extensive experience in GNSS system architecture, multipath, signal processing, ASIC design and AI/machine learning, and has collectively filed over 200 career GNSS patents. We are backed by Norwest Ventures, GSR Ventures and Google Ventures. You can find more information at www.onenav.ai.