oneNav is powering high-performance positioning for location-dependent mobile services. Based in Silicon Valley, oneNav is developing a next-generation, pureL5TM mobile GNSS receiver for smartphones, wearables, and IOT devices.
This position is focused on contributing to the team responsible for delivering the world’s first commercial real-time embedded measurement engine (ME) for a pureL5TM GNSS receiver. The oneNav ME Firmware (FW) leverages oneNav’s breakthrough L5 array processor embodied in an FPGA and on track for implementation in silicon. ME tasks include (re)acquisition and tracking of BeiDou, Galileo, and GPS signals and decoding navigation data messages for the position, velocity, and time estimate that are fed to the Positioning Engine (PE). The PE features classic PE approaches together with groundbreaking Machine Learning (ML) methods that dramatically improve horizontal accuracy even in the most challenging environments.
- Contribute to the delivery of timely, commercial, portable, real-time embedded C ME FW in support of the one Nav pure L5 GNSS Receiver IP core product.
- Work closely with world-class GNSS technical experts to implement ME features unique to a pure L5 receiver including multi-constellation acquisition, tracking, and reacquisition, secondary code estimation, interference detection and mitigation, multipath and correlation analysis.
- Generate code consistent with FW development practices aligned with DevOps principles and implemented in a CI/CD workflow.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years proven track record of embedded FW development featuring new hardware development and prototyping environments (e.g., Xilinx Zynq or Zynq Ultrascale+ FPGA, test chips)
- 5+ years of hands-on real-time embedded FW development with RTOS on ARM or RISC-V, including familiarity with JTAG, Boot Loaders, and Data Capture Tools
- Track record of delivery of high quality timely commercial products for mobile wireless, IoT, and GNSS
- Expert in C/C++, performance profiling, memory optimization, and assemblers
- Experience with driver-level configuration and management, e.g., USB
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Commitment to solid FW development process, including coding conventions, code reviews, unit-testing, QA, and system integration
- Commitment to DevOps and Continuous Improvement/Continuous Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a focused fast-moving start-up environment
- BS and MS, or Ph.D. in EE, CS, Math, or equivalent foundational technical subject
About the Team:
oneNav’s team comprises top GNSS experts from Qualcomm, Apple, Intel, SnapTrack, SiRF and Trimble, with decades of GNSS and mobile industry experience. Our team has extensive experience in GNSS system architecture, multipath, signal processing, ASIC design and AI/machine learning, and has collectively filed over 200 career GNSS patents. We are backed by Norwest Ventures, GSR Ventures and Google Ventures. You can find more information at www.onenav.ai.